I have been sitting here trying to figure out what we did yesterday and can't think of anything really. I did clean house before the older kids returned from Grandmommie's house. As soon as Grandmommie unloaded the kids in the driveway, they immediately got into a fight. I sent them directly to their rooms because I cannot stand the bickering especially when they just returned home. I gave them grace (instead of any punishment) but warned them if there was another argument they would both go back to bed for 30 minutes. Surprisingly that worked! They spent the rest of the day without so much as a cross word.
Chad spent the majority of the day working in the yard so the kids were in and out playing and helping. Piper mowed on the riding mower for the first time yesterday! Chad set it to go really slowly and she did a wonderful job mowing around the barn. When she was done, I took her to meet Nana to stay the night.
Two of Chad's friends came over last night to hang out. One of his friends loves snakes and was looking all through the pasture for a snake to catch, very strange! He did not find a snake but found several black widow spiders, so we were able to show them to Cohen and explain how dangerous they are.
He also went into the chicken house to explore a strange sounding egg that Amy, our broody hen, keeps pushing out of her nest. Upon cracking the egg open we realized that the baby chick inside was still alive and we had ruined it survival chances by cracking it open. When you shook the egg it sounded like there was a piece of candy (or something) in it and none of the other eggs sounded like that. I guess you live and learn about those things :(
Chad and his friends were out really late and the boys slept in the bed with me, so I still feel kinda exhausted on my only morning of the week to sleep in. Sunday afternoons are great for napping, I think I will make that a priority today!
No comments:
Post a Comment