The weather has been particularly beautiful this week which has given us all spring fever! I would rather be outdoors than inside doing our schoolwork and the kids are in total agreement. We are hanging in there for a few more weeks though; we are scheduled to complete our school year on June 3rd. I think we will take at least a month off and maybe more. It's hard to keep school going when all the kids' cousins are out for the summer so we'll see how it plays out.
Chad and Cohen spent most of yesterday doing their "guy stuff." Cohen just loves to run errands with his dad even if it's just pricing jobs and picking up supplies at Lowes or wherever. Chad is good to take him when he can but that is not as often as Cohen would like!
Piper and I completed her math work in the morning and ran a few errands. We had intentions of picking strawberries but the U-Pick field was closed so we just purchased 2 gallons already picked. Abe refused to take a nap which made the remainder of our schoolwork more difficult. Another distraction is the last thing we needed on a beautiful Friday afternoon!
After school, Piper worked on some strawberry freezer jam with the berries we had picked up. She loves to help in the kitchen and I am trying to allow her to help more. Sadly, it is hard for me to step back and let her make a mess and do things just a little different than I would have, but I did it yesterday. She helped me clean up afterward and is so proud of her jam. She wants to give some to her grandmothers for Mother's Day which is very thoughtful. Gifts is definitely her primary love language!
I finished the day dropping Cohen off to spend the night with my mom and heading back home to water the gardens. Nothing exciting, just another Friday...
No comments:
Post a Comment