Yesterday was spent at home mostly. Hannah was here until lunchtime, so the kids enjoyed playing with her. We all worked on school assignments around lunchtime, even Hannah's mother sent the work that she would be doing this week if she were in school. I thought it would be harder with an extra child at the table but Hannah seemed to help Piper keep focused and I was able to do some additional work with Cohen.
After Hannah's mother picked her up we laid Abe down and leisurely finished schooling. Piper often wants to race through her work to get done faster, but yesterday was different (and more enjoyable).
It was so nice outdoors so we incorporated some outdoor time in after the written assignments were complete. Chad got home in the early afternoon and pressure washed the house which the kids loved watching! He kept setting off the home alarm and Piper and I would take turns turning it off while we worked on one more batch of strawberry freezer jam.
We did get out for swim team in the evening. The kids swam really well and did not complain about the cold water. I hope it is warming up, for all the kids' sake!
No comments:
Post a Comment