Yesterday morning started with an outing to the grocery store, alone! Chad stayed home with the kids and I got a ton of groceries all by myself, with no children begging for random sweets and chips, etc! We have been trying to eat all the food items that I have stocked up on, so we were down to almost nothing to eat. I had served the kids prunes and peanut butter crackers for lunch Wednesday, that's how bad it was :)
The afternoon was busy going straight from Piper's gymnastics class to swim team. Abe was exhausted and threw a crazy fit when we got to swim team. He simply did not want to wear his shoes and knowing the battle was larger than just that, it was really a battle of wills, I knew I had to win! After crying for 40 minutes in his car seat, he held out his feet in surrender and let me put on his shoes. From there on the evening went smoothly.
The kids are doing really well with swim team but I know it is hard exercise. I have got to keep them excited about it so they will not dread the daily practice (we really only *have* to go to 3 practices a week, but I want to take them as much as they will go). I am hoping the swim meets throughout the summer will keep it exciting.
Today will be another busy day; I better get started!
No comments:
Post a Comment