Sunday, June 6, 2010

What's been going on?

We finished our homeschool year on Thursday which was very exciting! This school year went so much more smoothly than last. I had always heard that your first year is the hardest and now I can attest to it. Our days were not without problems but I guess you get to a point that you are not discouraged by bad attitudes and days that go totally off your original plan. You just roll on and deal, knowing you are committed to educating your children at home.
Friday was spent relaxing and enjoying having no committments. We did go to the homeschool supply store looking for a planner for next year, but I am having no luck finding what I am looking for. I am a planning, organizing freak, so getting the right planner is a must for me.
Yesterday was Gold Medal Day at Piper's gymnastics facility. She was so excited and so nervous! She practiced for 2 days memorizing her routines for floor and beam and trying to get them perfect. Her performance at the ceremony was awesome; she has made so many improvements this year with her tumblig particularly. We are currently driving 30 minutes each way to gymnastics, so I asked her last night if she would like to try the local one again (3 minutes away) but she wants to stay where she is. It is obviously a good fit for her just a long drive!

Here are some pics from the performance, not great ones as my camera's flash does not match its zoom capability.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed