Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New workout

Yesterday was my first day in almost a year not getting up at 5am and working out at home. I think I was starting to get a little burned out so I am trying to mix things up this month especially since we are out of school. I got the kids up, fed them breakfast and headed to the local YMCA yesterday morning. Abe did so well in the childwatch and the older kids seemed pretty excited about being there too. I jumped on the treadmill for a little over an hour (mostly walking 4-4.6mph and a little running 6mph) making it 4.8 miles total! Then chatted with a friend for a few minutes and did a little resistance training on the Nautilus machines.

It was so refreshing and totally what I needed to break the monotany. And did I mention that I slept in until 6:20am, that's pretty late for me! This morning my whole body aches so I definitely needed to change-up my routine. There is nothing simple about P90X and Insanity but I think I was so used to the workouts that my body was not benefitting like it had in the past.

After the Y we went to the library to sign up for their summer reading program and then on to Target to pick up a baby shower gift for a shower I missed this past weekend. We ended up running into my friend from the Y at Target and even saw her again at the pool when I took the kids for swim team! Pretty random to go for months without seeing someone and then run into them 3 times in one day!

Cohen did so well at swim team according to his coach. He was swimming up a down his lane without taking breaks (holding on to the side of the pool or the rope down the lane). Most the kids his age will grab on to the sides to get their breath and the swim on, but I just learned yesterday that actually disqualifies them at a meet, so it was a big deal that Cohen was swimming without stopping. The parents had a meeting during swim practice which was a little uptight and overboard in my opinion. I brought the kids to have fun and work on their swimming skills, not to be the fastest, most skilled swimmers out there. I guess with all children's sports, there are parents that are going to go overboard and ruin the fun for their kids. As long as they do not shout at my kids we will do just fine!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed