Monday, June 7, 2010

Pole Dancer

I have to share this story because it is both appalling and hysterical!

Although I have never really let Piper spend the night with friends, I am always more than happy to host her friends at our house. More often than any other friends, we have her distant cousins stay with us. They are girls, 6 and 8 years old and very mature for their ages. During the weekend of Abe's birthday party they spent the night and as usual got up way earlier than my kids. I was in the kitchen with them both and the younger one was belting out a tune. I turned to her and complimented her singing, telling her she might be an opera singer when she grows up.

The older one turns around in her seat and states very matter-of-factly, "No, my mom says she's going to be a pole dancer because she dances like crazy every time we turn on the radio."

I had to ask her to repeat herself to ensure what I just heard. Indeed, I had heard correctly but to press the issue even further and to see if she knew what she was talking about I said, "Well, that's not a very respectable career."

And as she is turning back around to the table she says, "No, it's not."

Wow, I had to pick my jaw back up off the floor. Not only do these sisters know things too mature for their years, these things are being spoken over them. What to do, what to do??

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed