I am sitting here wasting time on the computer waiting for the kids to get up. I could hardly sleep last night excited for Christmas morning. I heard Chad up around midnight so I got up to fill the stockings. We got the bigger kids a dirt bike and a mini bike both to share (the mini bike is larger but should go a little slower than the dirt bike) and a portable DVD player and of course their stocking goodies. Abe was suppposed to get a hand-me-down 4-wheeler but the new charger did not get the battery working, so I guess we will have to order a new battery. He will be thrilled with his stocking and the other kids gifts though so I'm not upset for him.
Last night I took all three kids to the Moravian Love Feast with my Mom. We had a great time but wrangling Abe for an hour and a half proved to be pretty difficult. He insisted on wearing a Buzz Lightyear costume so he gathered attention for that, then he would not sit still or be quiet for at least half the service. When the choir was singing Christmas hymns he was singing the Dukes of Hazzard theme song, "Just da good ole boys, never meaning no arm..." It was hilarious truly but I was a little embarrassed at the time. The lady sitting next to me was so kind though. After the service she thanked me for bringing the kids and said she had the best time in over 30 years of attending the Love Feast because she got to sit next to and watch my kids!
I will post pics in the coming day, as I plan to take a lot. We have a gathering at my Aunt Lynn's house today and 2 more gatherings tomorrow, one at our house and the other at Chad's parent's.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
No comments:
Post a Comment