Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa Claus

We had a big day of Santas on Tuesday! We started the morning off with "Breakfast with Santa" at the local library and ended the day helping Grandaddy (Chad's dad) hand out presents to the patients at the nursing home!

We do not do "Santa" at our house, I mean he comes and he leaves gifts, but there is no question about who "Santa" is. As soon as Piper was old enough to understand, I told her the truth and have not regretted it one bit. Cohen has always known the truth. I have to do some coaching with my kids when we go to events with Santas so they will not ruin it for the rest of the kids but I just couldn't bring myself to lie to them. It is so much easier this way and there will never be that revelation that their parents lied to them about Santa or anything else!

Santa, greeting the kids at the library:


My kids with Santa, aka Grandaddy:


Grandaddy volunteers at the nursing home where his mother spent her last few years, once she was in a condition that family could not longer take care of her. He has made a practice of taking the grandchildren with him to love on the patients as often as possible. Cohen is awesome and just hugs and kisses the older people; Piper is getting there too, but she has made it more of a job whereas Cohen actually enjoys it. This year Chad dressed as Santa and took his little elf Cohen around one hall to hand out gifts and Grandaddy took Piper around a different hall to do the same. I am hoping serving at the nursing home will be an outreach our family can continue for many years!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed