It has been a bad week for pets at our house. Yesterday Piper went to Maddie's (hamster) cage to give her a treat and after shaking the cage and grabbing at her (she sleeps under a ledge in the cage where it is hard to see her) Piper came to me. I realized pretty quickly that she had died in her little sleeping nest. Piper was so upset and wanted Chad to bury her immediately. She has dealt with way too much death in her short life, having lost 2 great-grandparents and numerous pets.
I was sad to see Maddie gone too. She was a great, low-maintenance pet and really cute. Piper insisted that we pray safety and health over the other pets, Max and the 4 cats. I love that she is so comforted by prayer. She really can pray about something and hand it over to Jesus to 'worry' about, something I struggle with myself. It's amazing what we can learn from our own children!
No comments:
Post a Comment