Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tomato Soup

I borrowed my mom's Paula Deen cookbook and found the yummiest tomato soup recipe. To preface, I do not like tomatoes outside of pasta sauce and ketchup but I have been trying to eat better( i.e. more veggies) even if I do not like them. I was shocked when I tried this soup and fell in love. Here it is, in case you want to try it (I used fresh tomatoes, dill & parsely from my mother-in-law's garden):

Tomato Dill Soup (by Paula Deen)

3 cups peeled, diced fresh tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients except heavy cream, parsley, Parmesan, salt & pepper in large pot. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, until tomatoes are tender. Add cream, parsley & Parmesan. Season with salt & pepper and simmer 10 more minutes.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed