Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mad Skills


Last month, Piper got her real gas-powered 4-wheeler (as opposed to her brother's battery-powered one) that she waited about 6 months for. I had real mixed emotions about it and chased them in the yard for 2 nights with that remote in hand, ready to turn it off at the least sign of trouble. Well, I quickly realized that my kids are quite talented when it comes to driving just about anything, even gas-powered 4-wheelers!

Piper drives super-responsibly just as we figured she would but her brother is a different story all together. All he is concerned with is going as fast as humanly possible! Without any encouragement from Chad or me, he started doing tricks like riding on his knees and braking to do doughnuts in the gravel, he seems to think the dust cloud created is something to marvel over. What is so crazy though, is that he has some real natural talent when it comes to driving.

My kids have an older friend, Sam (I have mentioned her before) who spent some time here over the weekend. Her dad had purchased a 4-wheeler for her also, so they brought it over and the kids took turns riding around the yard and through the trails by the creek. After riding with Cohen for a half hour or so, Sam came in the house bragging that Cohen had some "mad skills" on the 4-wheeler! I have often thought the same thing but never phrased it exactly like that!

(And yes, he is wearing his sister's pink helmet)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I can't wait to see them ride!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed